commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plot distribution
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:24:28 GMT
Hi Narjes,

It's a good idea to prefix your subject with [math], since commons shares multiple projects.

Going to take a stab from 50,000 feet.  Use the Levenberg Marquardt optimizer to fit the distribution
to the data.  You could probably use more specific optimizers for certain types of distributions.
For example the Gaussian Fitter to guess the variance for normal distributions:
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/apidocs/org/apache/commons/math3/fitting/GaussianCurveFitter.html

I would export the data to JSON (Convert with Google GSON) and use Node to plot it with d3:
http://d3js.org/
http://racingtadpole.com/blog/curve-fitting-cdf-js-d3/

Cheers,
- Ole