commons-dev mailing list archives

From c...@honton.org
Subject [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC4
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:55:35 GMT

  The last BCEL release (5.2) occurred in February of 2006.  It’s been
nine years since the last release and four years since the code was
transferred to commons.  Over this time, java byte code has been
enhanced with additional opcodes and dynamic language support.
Supporting these byte code changes is the most significant feature of
BCEL-6.0.

   BCEL 6.0 RC4 is available for review here:
     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel (svn revision 10111)

   Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1104/org/apache/commons/commons-bcel6/6.0/

   Details of changes since 5.2 are in the release notes:
     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
     https://people.apache.org/~chas/bcel-6.0-RC4/changes-report.html

   I have tested this with JDK 1.7 using maven3.

   The tag is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/bcel/tags/BCEL_6_0_RC4/
(svn revision 1694950)

   Site:
     https://people.apache.org/~chas/bcel-6.0-RC4/
   (note some *relative* links are broken - these should be OK once
the site is deployed)

   Clirr Report:
     N/A

   RAT Report:
     https://people.apache.org/~chas/bcel-6.0-RC4/rat-report.html

   KEYS:
   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

   Please review the release candidate and vote.
   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
1800 GMT 12 August 2015

   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
   [ ] +0 OK, but...
   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...