commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC4
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:35:15 GMT
On 10 August 2015 at 13:17, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure having the 6 in bcel6 is such a good idea. the prefix already
> disambiguates the package name, so this isn't needed and is kind of
> limiting.

The convention has been to tie the package/component names to the
major release version.

However, I agree it's not necessary for the first API break, given
that we are changing to commons prefixes.

We could drop the 6 now, and only add the major version suffix if a
further API-breaking major release is needed.