commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: Issue using git checkouts of commons(-math) in Eclipse
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:43:49 GMT
Hi Eric,

Le 15/10/2015 00:13, Eric Barnhill a écrit :
> When I check out the commons-math repo from git and import into Eclipse,
> the package structure causes errors. Because the dir structure is
> src/main/java/org/apache etc., Eclipse throws an error on all import
> statements beginning with "org.apache" . It is looking for import
> statements that begin with "main.java.org.apache" and offers to switch the
> import statements.
>
> This happens whether I import the project as of Git type, or as of Maven
> type.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?

The packagage layout is a standard maven layout (you can check it
from the command line). Eclipse should knows this layout already, so
it seems strange it doesn't set the paths correctly.

Anyway, you can set the paths manually from eclipse by right-clicking
in the package explorer at project level and select in the context
menu the entry: Build Path -> Configure Build Path.

A popup wizard should appear, where you can select in the right-hand
panel the tab "Source". This tab is used to configure the source folders
to be included in the build path. The list of source folders that are
needed for proper build and test is:

  <project-name>/src/main/java
  <project-name>/src/main/resources
  <project-name>/src/test/java
  <project-name>/src/test/resources

Note also that in the libraries tab in the same wizard, you should also
have the Junit 4 library.

Hope this helps
Luc