commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Write access for ASF committers to our git repositories
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:42:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:

> > Git must be different from Svn WRT infra. I would log an INFRA ticket so
> we
> > can find out if this a one-off for Sergio's account or a problem for all
> > Commons git repos.
>
> Good idea, I'll do that. But I'd like to make sure Sergio really can't push
> to the repo. Maybe he just hasn't tried because he didn't know that it
> works. If there is a problem, I'll talk to infra.

No, I can't:

$ git push
Password for 'https://wikier@git-wip-us.apache.org':
Counting objects: 16, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 315 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: You are not authorized to edit this repository.
remote:
To https://wikier@git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-lang.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to '
https://wikier@git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-lang.git'

--
Sergio Fernández