commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] Refactored Precision
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 08:17:35 GMT
Hi,

Just a heads up for those of you interested or have nothing better to do at 2 am :).  I refactored
the Precision class into classes PrecisionAssert and RoundDouble.

https://github.com/firefly-numbers/firefly-numbers

I created a new github organization for the package, since it deals less with math and more
with number precision in general.  I also removed support for float.  It seems like most of
the code in CM uses double, and if float is needed then it should be provided via it's own
module.  I also replaced calls to FastMath with Math.  Most of the calls were for abs() and
ulp()...functions that I would think would have similar performance regardless.

Probably moving onto FastMath next.  I plan on only including functions that have a performance
benefit, and delegating to Math for everything else.

Cheers,
- Ole