commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] AbstractFieldMatrix.checkMultiplicationCompatible() throws exception?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 19:41:09 GMT
Actually I think I see why bubbling exceptions is better than performing boolean checks...so
just ignore, unless there is some merit to it...

Cheers,
Ole

On 12/16/2015 01:08 PM, Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on making the linear package standalone.  The methods that perform precondition
checks for matrix operations throw exceptions (See below).  An option would be return a boolean
instead.  Obviously I would love it if CM adopts the code at some point, so I want to check
whether changing the interface is going to kill kittens.