commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: [math] branch merge to come, prepare for a huge flood of git messages
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:13:13 GMT
Le 2015-12-09 16:49, Phil Steitz a écrit :
>> On Dec 9, 2015, at 8:39 AM, luc <luc@spaceroots.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The development status for the field-ode branch (linked to issue
>> MATH-1288)
>> is now stable. I will therefore merge this branch into the MATH_3_X
>> branch
>> very soon now.
>
> What about master?

I may merge all the commits as a single one in master or reproduce all
commits from the branch one by one. A single big commit will probably be
more friendly to the list. Separate commits will show the development
steps.

Also in master, the primitive double API for ode will be changed to
be consistent with the new API developed for field ode. I could not
do that in 3.X because these are publis user-oriented interfaces, so
changing them would introduce a huge incompatibility.

At the end, this is a new feature, not a modification of an existing
feature,
so I don't know if the steps before the feature is complete are
interesting or not. These steps will be available in the MATH_3_X
branch (and in the field-ode branch), but not in the master branche
if I do a single big commit.

What do you prefer?

best regards,
Luc