commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Create "development" branch?
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 00:31:24 GMT
Hello.

Shall we go forward with the creation of a branch named
"development", and stop committing to "master" (which, by
convention, should only contain tags of released code)?

Shall we also adopt a convention for feature branches, like
names that are prefixed with "f-" or "feature-", to make it
visible that they are WIP to be merged in "development"?
[IOW, as a reminder that those branches should not exist
for a long time, and should be deleted after the merge.]
Perhaps even clearer would be to attach a JIRA report
number to the name, like "feature-MATH-1319", so that we do
not forget to open a corresponding issue.

Regards,
Gilles