commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1729274 [3/7] - in /commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/cpdsadapter/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/datasources/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/managed/ test/java/or...
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 00:21:07 GMT
On 8 February 2016 23:17:35 GMT+00:00, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
>Le 8/02/2016 23:51, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>
>> It's simpler to be consistent when using final IMO. The intent is the
>same:
>> https://garygregory.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/the-final-kiss-in-java/
>
>"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind here. I
>understand the intent but I don't think it's a good idea for catch
>statements. It brings no technical benefit and harms the readability.

For the record, while I understand where these final changes are coming from , I don't think
what they add is worth what they take away in readability.

That said, I don't feel strongly enough to be particular bothered. If someone wants to spend
their time on these changes, l'm not going to object ... as long as they don't break anything
in the process.

Mark