commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][CHIMERA] Name for the new component
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 14:11:28 GMT
Hi,

as promised here is a tally up of the name proposals:

Apache Commons EasyCrypt (sebb, Emmanuel Bourg)

Apache Commons Crypto (Uma Gangumalla, Gary Gregory, Haifeng Chen, Cheng A
Xu, Uwe Barthel, Dapeng Sun, Ralph Goers, myself)

Note that I've only counted the first vote by people who had several
proposals.

I think we should go with Apache Commons Crypto, since the majority of
people like it, and it seems to be the preference of the initial committers.

If anybody sees the need for a formal vote instead, please object to this
with the next few days. Otherwise, I'm going to request a git repository
and GitHub mirror from infra at the beginning of next week and will start
setting up the project.

Thank you!
Benedikt

Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> schrieb am Fr., 25. März 2016 um