commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons-VFS2 2.1 rc0
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 00:37:13 GMT
Josh Elser wrote:
> sebb wrote:

>>> worth
>>> not
>>
>> The release vote mail really needs to include all the release-specific
>> information that the reviewer needs to do the review.
>>
>> If there are caveats etc relating to the Clirr report these need to be
>> included in the vote mail.
>> Both to make it easier for the reviewers, and for the historical
>> record to show that these items were considered.
>>

> Ok, this was not made clear to me. Thank you for letting me know. I'd
> encourage you to update your project's website. For other projects, I
> assume that those voting would have the context from previous
> discussions, but acknowledge that this is not how commons operates.

Sebb -- would addressing these points in the release notes cause you to
change your -1 to a +1? I'd like to make all the changes I can ASAP and
roll the next RC. Because I haven't said it explicitly -- thanks for
taking the time to give all of the feedback that you have already.

Everyone else -- even though Sebb voted -1 on rc0, I would greatly
appreciate if everyone could still look through rc0 and give any more
feedback which would keep you from a +1.

Thanks.