commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons-VFS2 2.1 rc0
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 01:46:05 GMT
sebb wrote:
>> >  mvn site:stage is used expressly for this purpose. Maven has no problems
>> >  with properly constructed multi-module projects -- it's a fallacy that Maven
>> >  cannot handle multi-module projects well.
>
> [Since Maven knows it is a multi-module project it should not need a
> different command.
> Or at least it should warn the user to start again]
>
> I guess VFS is not properly constructed then.
>
> I just tried mvn:site having cleared out the local repo of VFS stuff and I get:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project commons-vfs2-examples: Could
> not resolve dependencies for project
> org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2-examples:jar:2.1: Could not find
> artifact org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:jar:2.1 in central
> (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) ->  [Help 1]
>
> Whereas I just tried 'mvn site' with Commons Net3.5  and it worked fine.
> It downloaded Net3.4  for Clirr, but otherwise did not need any Net jars.

That doesn't entirely surprise me, but it's definitely possible to work
around. Short-term workaround would be (probably) `mvn package site`. I
don't think site would bind to the package phase by default.

>> >  However, fixing it is a separate topic than this RC voting:)
>
> Fixing what?

Fixing any oddness in the maven site for this project. The site can be
built -- it's not a blocker for the release (at least no one has said it
needs to be yet). Thus, we should have further discussion in something
that isn't tagged as a [VOTE], IMO.