commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Disallowed dependencies in build? (was Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons-VFS2 2.1 rc0)
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 14:01:27 GMT
Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Am Tue, 03 May 2016 21:47:43 -0400
> schrieb Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>:
>
>> See the original point of me starting this thread: it was stated that
>> the sandbox (might) depend on code which is not licensed in such a
>> manner that is allowed for ASF projects.
>
> Which is why it is not built or shipped by default and called sandbox.
> (this was not my idea and before my time but I dont see a reason to
> change this for this release)
>
> Gruss
> Bernd

I was just pointed to http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

The way this reads, because we don't push it to Nexus, that's fine.

The other half is that I was (incorrectly) assuming that the src release
was still including the sandbox. This is wrong -- there are no
occurrences of it in release artifacts.

I'm good now :)