commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Automatic site update
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 22:15:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:

> Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> schrieb am Do., 2. Juni 2016 um
> 23:39 Uhr:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A part of the release process is to update the web site. I wonder if
> > this could be simplified with a Jenkins job watching for the release
> > tags and building/uploading the new site automatically. That would make
> > one less thing to think about when releasing new versions. I suspect the
> > most difficult issue to solve is to let Jenkins publish the content
> > without compromising the security.
>

> > Thoughts?
> >

> I'm all for automation. The only problem I see is, that I usually publish
> the final site from a dirty working copy. This is because I don't put the
> release date into changes.xml until after the release.

I like to use the RC date for changes.xml (which I forgot to do when I
recently RM'd Commons CSV 1.4!)

If the RC becomes the release, then you are done. If the RC does not, then
update the date again for the next RC. I think that is 'sane' step.

Our Maven plugin could be changed to do this so it becomes a command line
thing instead of a manual edit.

Gary

However I have