commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] Rename develop branch to master
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 16:20:38 GMT
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 08:59:00 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
> We should match the rest of Commons and have a master branch instead
> of
> develop IMO.
>
> Gary

As we already discussed, it's not about the layout, it's about
a development model.

There is a model in "doc/development/development.howto.txt".
E.g. after the initial adjustments and the project repository
becomes stable, I expect that changes are made in a controlled
way, through "feature" branches, to be merged into "develop" (or
"master" whatever) after having left "some time" (TBD) for
reviewer to chime in.
As explained in
it helps keep "develop" clean and "master" super-clean.

No problem changing the layout.

  develop -> master
  master  -> released

But someone should make the necessary adjustments to the howto
(with the drawback that the reference therein would become
fairly confusing).

Regards,
Gilles