commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject Re: [rng] New repository for "Commons Rng"
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 09:47:59 GMT
​Hi,​

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> A new git repository has been populated with the relevant
> codes, unit tests and documentation extracted from Commons
> Math ("o.a.c.math4.rng" package).

​I was looking on implementation of JDKRandom and it turns to use Random
implementation
from java.utils and actually delegates methods calls ​to it. Now I was
expect one to be able to
choose between Random, SecureRandom and ThreadLocalRandom and not solely
relying on
Random only implementation.

Does it make a sense to introduce a construct which will allow to override
the default of Random
instance w/ other possible JDK implementations?

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.