commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ansell <ansell.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RDF] jena, rdf4j, json-ld integrations
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 04:13:49 GMT
Hi Stian,

Sesame-4 will not have any more releases due to the Eclipse migration,
so you will not have a large user-base for that. Even maintaining a
Sesame-2.8 module may not find many users, as users who are still
using it for the near future will likely not be migrating to Java-8
and hence won't be integrating Commons RDF as often as those who are
already migrating to Eclipse RDF4J.

Developing an integration for JSONLD-Java in the same way as I have
setup the others with their own repositories is a possibility for that
aspect, similar to:

https://github.com/jsonld-java/jsonld-java-clerezza

https://github.com/jsonld-java/jsonld-java-rdf2go

However, both Jena and Sesame/RDF4J have ended up having their
JSONLD-Java integrations moved back into their core repositories so it
isn't the same for everyone.

Cheers,

Peter