commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [rng] Cleanup of "topic" branches
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 18:23:57 GMT
On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 20:26:03 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Gary Gregory
> <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Once a branch has been merged into master, I think it is OK to
>> remove it.
>> Otherwise, IMO it's on a case by case basis: Does the author of the
>> branch
>> need it?
>
> Whats the point? I'd rather see us create something like
> branches/archived and move such branches below.
>
> Basically same effect, but provides accessibility.

I don't think there is any use for those branches that are
created for the sake of fixing one issue.

The history is fully preserved inside the "master" branch.

Keeping topic branches is just a mess (and after some time
nobody will know was was the purpose of those).

I deleted all the branches I've created; my question was
being polite (i.e. do not delete branches created by others
without asking first. ;-)

Regards,
Gilles