commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [LANG] Feedback from ApacheCON Europe
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 11:52:39 GMT
Hi,

after my presentation about Apache Commons, there where some comments about
[lang]. One person said, that it is hard to find out whether our classes
are threadsafe or not. He would like to see that better documented.

I know that sebb has done some work in that direction, but as far as I know
the information about thread safety is currently only in Java comments.

How can we improve our docs with regards to thread safety? I see several
ways:
- Custom annotations like @Immutable, @ThreadSafe, @NotThreadSafe
- Custom JavaDoc doclets
- Put the information right into the JavaDoc

Anything else?

Benedikt