commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Jenkins Pipeline DSL
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2016 00:01:19 GMT
On 26 November 2016 at 15:45, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> That sounds even more complicated to deal with :-( I would have to fiddle
> with branches just to make a Jenkins build change? Is there a precedent for
> such a set up?

Huh?

Surely the Jenkins setup script is independent of the build.

The precedent is that Jenkins is independently set up manually at
present; AIUI the difference is that one would use a script in SVN/Git
instead.
I assume this would only have to be done when the script changed or
when you wanted to set up a new build.

This is akin to running the Commons Build plugin.
That is in a separate part of the repo, but that makes it *less* complicated.
Imagine what it would be like if every branch had its own (slightly
different) copy...