commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] Build succeeds locally but fails on Travis-CI
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 00:03:33 GMT
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 00:48:04 +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Gilles wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does someone know how to fix that?
>> See:
>>    https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-rng/jobs/177715168
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gilles
>

> Delete your local repository (well, org/apache/commons/commons-rng)
> and
> you'll face the same. You cannot declare a dependency for a plutin
> that does
> not yet exist. Maven resolves the plugin's deps way earlier in the
> reactor
> before the it calculates the build sequence for the subprojects.

What I've been asking about for weeks is whether this ("build-tools")
use of a module is a valid one.

As I understand it, all configurations for the reports have been
bundled in that "module".  Its use is _purely_ internal to the
maven build process.
So Artem's idea looked fine _iff_ maven can indeed handle such
"pre-dependencies".

If not, this "build-tools" module must disappear (as there is
nothing to release about it, once "mvn site" has run).

If this is the case, how should I go about to repair the build?

Thanks,
Gilles