commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@bpm-inspire.com>
Subject Re: [RNG] Build succeeds locally but fails on Travis-CI
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:02:13 GMT
Hi Sebb,

sebb wrote:

> Surely the commons build plugin is only needed to simplify setting up
> some files?
>
> If it were not there, the files could still be updated manually.
>
> The doc page [1] makes it clear that the only _potential_ build-time
> dependency is the copy-javadoc-files goal.
> However AFAIK that is not used anywhere.
>
> So it is not actually used at build time currently.
>
> [1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-build-plugin/index.html

Actually it does not matter. It is deployed to central normally, so you
*could* use it at build time independently whether it makes currently sense
or not.

We could achieve the same with these configuration resources that are used
by the plugins in the build process of commons-rng and that are possibly
interesting for other components, too. Do we have shared (copied)
configuration files (currently for checkstyle, clirr, and pmd) between the
different components and do we want to share them physically?

Cheers,
Jörg