commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Why is the component's web site part of the release vote?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 16:18:48 GMT
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 06:56:06 -0700, Apache wrote:
> Typically the site is voted on during the release when it is built by
> Maven. This is because it will put the version on the site and if it
> isn’t the release it will have SNAPSHOT in the version, which means
> you are documenting stuff publicly that isn’t really available yet.

This has been the case for months (for RNG); i.e. the live site
documented 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
Then if and when people vote to release 1.0, I'll fix the site
and the live version will document 1.1-SNAPSHOT...

> There are ways around this though.

The question was indeed if we want to have archived sites
(i.e. a "read-only" site tied to a specific version)?

> Note that this has absolutely
> nothing to do with ASF policy.

Which is?

Gilles