commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Promote TEXT to Proper
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 19:39:59 GMT
Hello all,

I propose that we move [text] to Commons Proper.

[ ] +1 Move [text] to Commons Proper
[ ] +0 I am fine with this move
[ ] -0 I am not too keen, because ...
[ ] -1 I am against this move, because ...

This VOTE will remain open for a minimum of 72 hours.

Why this proposal? My points follow:

* [text] currently is the most active of the sandbox components.

* Since June of 2016, we have seen nine distinct authors of commits to the repository.

* In my opinion, a [text] release will help to accommodate [lang] to become a lighter more
java language based component by removing a considerable amount of, from the perspective of
the arbitrary java application developer, potentially rarely used text processing algorithms.

Cheers,
-Rob