commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: Add StringUtils#isAllEmpty(CharSequence...) and isAllBlank(CharSequence...)?
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:32:04 GMT
Hello,

I'm 0 on that one. Agree that users can simply use the negation operator, and also that it
can be handy to have a method to avoid typos or simplify their code.

Cheers
Bruno

----- Original Message -----
From: Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 13 February 2017 6:12 AM
Subject: Add StringUtils#isAllEmpty(CharSequence...) and isAllBlank(CharSequence...)?

Hello everybody,

a few months ago StringUtils#isAnyNotEmpty(CharSequence...) and
StringUtils#isAnyNotBlank(CharSequence...) were added
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1270).

Now there is a pull request which purposes adding the inverse of these
methods named isAllEmpty(CharSequence...) and
isAllBlank(CharSequence...)
(https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/221)

Duncan Jones commented on the pull request: "I don't think we should add
methods that are simply the inverse of another method."

On the other hand similar method "pairs" already exist:
isEmpty/isNotEmpty, isBlank/isNotBlank, isAnyEmpty/isNoneEmpty,
containsAny/containsNone

What do you think, should we add these methods?

-Pascal