commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject [lang][crypto] LANG-1145 evaluate JVM architecture
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 21:17:59 GMT
Hi all,

We have a pull request [1][2] for adding code that detects the JVM architecture. The user
has a valid use case for his code, and we have similar code in Apache Spark [3] and Apache
Commons Crypto [4].

As this is going into [lang], another Commons component, I thought maybe there could be some
synergy between Crypto and Lang? I believe crypto has no dependencies right now, but maybe
it would be worth adding a dep + shade, so that we have a single place to maintain this list
of OS architectures.

Thoughts?

Bruno

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/231