commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Next release
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:54:58 GMT

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 5:22 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything you
would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process, please
review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure
RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.

I might try to get in LANG-1300 today. We’re trying to decide if we want “lastIndexOf”
and “indexOf” to return the preceding number of “code points” or “code units.”
The javadoc states, "Finds the first index within a CharSequence, handling null,” seemingly
implying that we should return the number of “code units” up to and including the matched
character of that which was supplied.

Thoughts?

-Rob