commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE][LAZY] Migrate Commons Pool to Git
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 17:22:01 GMT
This is a vote by lazy consensus to migrate the commons-pool subversion
repository into git. We have been slowly migrating projects in Commons to
git, and I'd like to migrate Pool to make it easier to perform a new
release and in general because git's easier to use nowadays thanks to its
widespread use.

Any projects that may rely on using an svn external repo on this should be
able to use GitHub's svn mirroring capability, though I'm not exactly sure
if there are ASF rules against doing that in Apache projects.

This vote will be open for 72 hours. If there are no objections by then, I
will submit a request to INFRA to migrate the repo. After that, I'll update
pom.xml with the new source repository location. It could be helpful to
update the site as it's currently committed, though a new release would
contain that information as well.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>