commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL][Math] git pull requests: how?
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 16:37:44 GMT
The "write to a PR branch" was something I mentioned in a different email.

If you want a single command to merge a PR into master, assuming you've
already set up "github" as your github remote:

git pull github pull/42
git push

Something like that should work. Since you're not running the git command
on git.apache.org, there's no single command do this really since you have
to pull and push regardless.

On 8 March 2017 at 05:10, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 22:06:11 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:
>
>> Found this link while trying to remember how to do this:
>>
>> https://help.github.com/articles/checking-out-pull-requests-locally/
>>
>> Same docs as above, just from the source. It sounds like you can't write
>> a PR branch even if the author allows it, but the docs could be out of
>> date
>> (it happens!).
>>

> 1. I don't want to "write to a PR branch"; my question was about getting
>    the PR automatically merged in a single command (as opposed to locally
>    create the branch).
> 2. The result of the actions listed below was to create a local branch with
>    the contents of the PR. Of course (?), I could modify that local branch.
>
> Gilles
>

>> On 2 March 2017 at 09:52, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:35:53 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:
>>>
>>> Is the different behavior caused by svn versus git mirroring?
>>>>

>>> The "Math" and "Numbers" projects both use git.
>>>
>>> Gilles
>>>
>>> That read-only branch feature is really cool.

PR