commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Next release
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:55:08 GMT
Hi,

> Am 13.03.2017 um 12:54 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@apache.org>:
>

>> On Mar 13, 2017, at 5:22 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything
you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process,
please review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make
sure RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.

> I might try to get in LANG-1300 today. We’re trying to decide if we want “lastIndexOf”
and “indexOf” to return the preceding number of “code points” or “code units.”
The javadoc states, "Finds the first index within a CharSequence, handling null,” seemingly
implying that we should return the number of “code units” up to and including the matched
character of that which was supplied.

> Thoughts?

To be honest, Text processing is not my area of expertise :-) I’m not even sure I know the
difference between "code point“ and „code unit“…

Benedikt