commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [ALL][Math] git pull requests: how?
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 17:48:18 GMT
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 11:34:42 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:
> A merge commit is an additional commit unless you squash what you're
> merging. The entire history should be available. You can use --ff to
> only
> allow a fast forward commit so it doesn't add a merge commit, but
> then the
> branch you're merging has be to rebased on the one you're merging
> into.

I did

$ git pull github pull/50/head

in a local copy of Commons Math "master" branch.

The command performed a single commit (a "merge") and there is no
trace that the change(s) were coming from someone else (a GitHub user):

https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/50/commits/b32cd65abb0497fa35ca407430f20d562f604ed7

$ git log
commit 68fdf0620ecfc708a940cfd02451986cc42fde5b
Merge: 37c3d36c8 b32cd65ab
Author: Gilles <erans@apache.org>
Date:   Thu Mar 9 16:01:07 2017 +0100

     Merge commit 'refs/pull/50/head' of
https://github.com/apache/commons-math into fix-MATH-1402

[No other commit related to that action.]

Gilles