commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] there seems to be a bug within LZ4 compression
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:37:45 GMT
Hi

after fixing my benchmark to actually measure decompression I'm facing a
"checksum mismatch" when compressing the source tarball of Commons
Compress 1.13. It seems to be sheer luck I'm using this file as a
roundtrip using many other files - including the binary tarball - just
works.

By now I've pinpointed the problem to be inside the compression code as
not only the checksum doesn't match but the content of the tar (after
running command line lz4 over the compressed output) is different from
the original. But still a valid tar, mind you.

I'll need to debug this further which is cumbersome. In either case this
will block all attempts of cutting a 1.14 release.

Stefan