commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] How do I traverse an XML configuration?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 19:43:00 GMT
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>
wrote:

>
>
> Am 07.04.2017 um 19:09 schrieb Woonsan Ko:
> > On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I might have hit pay-dirt
> >> with org.apache.commons.configuration2.BaseHierarchicalConfiguration.
> getNodeModel()...
> > Sounds great and thanks for sharing the pay-dirt!
>
> Yes, that's the way to go: From the node model you can obtain the root
> node via getRootNode(). This returns an ImmutableNode which has methods
> to query all children or other properties of the node.
>

The only drawback is that these are all calls on classes, not interfaces.

I wonder if it worth adding an interface for node traversal to hide most of
the guts?

Gary


>
> Oliver
>
> >
> > Woonsan
> >
> >>
> >> Gary
> >>
> >> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Thanks Woonsan, but using DOM defeats the purpose of using Commons
> Config
> >>> :-(
> >>>
> >>> I was hopping to get access to some object model where I do not have to
> >>> worry about collapsing white space and other XML messy stuff.
> >>>
> >>> getKeys() gives me ALL the keys for the whole document, all I need
> >>> something like getChildKeys() for the current config. Then I can,
> >>> presumably, get make a config out of each child and keep going.
> >>>
> >>> Is that not possible?
> >>>
> >>> If I have to use DOM, then I do not need Commons Config :-(
> >>>
> >>> Gary
> >>>
> >>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Woonsan Ko <woonsan@apache.org> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> If you meant to traverse dom tree of the xml document, perhaps you can
> >>>> use XMLConfiguration#getDocument().
> >>>>
> >>>> Regards,
> >>>>
> >>>> Woonsan
> >>>>
> >>>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com
> >
> >>>> wrote:
> >>>>> Hi All:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I have an XMLConfiguration and I need to get all of the child nodes
> from
> >>>>> the root. Once I have each node I need to get the children of each.
> >>>> This is
> >>>>> not about preorder or postorder or depth-first searches. I just
need
> to
> >>>> be
> >>>>> able to navigate the tree.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Clues?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Thank you,
> >>>>> Gary
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
> >>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> >>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_tl?
> >>>> ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&link
> >>>> Code=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
> >>>> am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
> >>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> >>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_tl?
> >>>> ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&link
> >>>> Code=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de4
> 18%22>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
> >>>> am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
> >>>>> Spring Batch in Action
> >>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_tl?
> >>>> ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&link
> >>>> Code=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%7Bli
> >>>> nk_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
> >>>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
> >>>> am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
> >>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> >>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> >>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
> >>>>
> >>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> >>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
> >>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> >>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
> >>>
> >>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1617290459>
> >>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> >>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22
> >
> >>>
> >>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182021>
> >>> Spring Batch in Action
> >>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&
> linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%
> 7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
> >>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182951>
> >>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> >>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> >>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
> >> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> >> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
> >>
> >> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1617290459>
> >> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> >> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22
> >
> >>
> >> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182021>
> >> Spring Batch in Action
> >> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&
> linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%
> 7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
> >> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182951>
> >> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> >> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> >> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>
>


-- 
E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>

<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22>

<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
Spring Batch in Action
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message