commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [Math] JIRA issues with proposed fixes
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 07:42:47 GMT
MATH-1401 is not fixed yet. Fixing it doesn't seem so hard, the problem is the required domain
knowledge in stats - which I don't have :-)

I'm gathering links to study over the next days, so I've assigned that ticket to me. Hopefully
by the weekend I will understand Clopper-Pearson intervals, and why our implementation is
throwing errors while implementations in R are not.

Cheers
Bruno

________________________________
From: Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 2 May 2017 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Math] JIRA issues with proposed fixes

On Mon, 1 May 2017 20:02:46 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>> On May 1, 2017, at 7:44 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> There are some issues reported that come with a proposed fix.
>> If you think that the change is adequate, do not hesitate to
>> apply it. E.g.:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1381
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1400
>
> If you see any with proposed fixes that aren't in the 4.0 category,
> do move them over. My intent there was to keep those labeled 4.0.

?

My post was about whether there are people having the time
and ability to check the proposed solution and resolve the
issue.

If not, we are still in the same situation as I described one
year ago; and releasing Commons Math (with known bugs) is still
a bad idea.
The consequence of which would be to salvage yet other pieces
from it (those that have a lot of work put into them for the
last 3 years).
An example is the contents of the "o.a.c.math4.distribution"
package: there are some "clean-up" issues left, but then it
could probably become a "Commons Statistical Distributions"
component.

Regards,

Gilles