commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] JIRA issues with proposed fixes
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 11:16:55 GMT
On Mon, 1 May 2017 20:02:46 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>> On May 1, 2017, at 7:44 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> There are some issues reported that come with a proposed fix.
>> If you think that the change is adequate, do not hesitate to
>> apply it. E.g.:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1381
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1400
>
> If you see any with proposed fixes that aren't in the 4.0 category,
> do move them over. My intent there was to keep those labeled 4.0.

?

My post was about whether there are people having the time
and ability to check the proposed solution and resolve the
issue.

If not, we are still in the same situation as I described one
year ago; and releasing Commons Math (with known bugs) is still
a bad idea.
The consequence of which would be to salvage yet other pieces
from it (those that have a lot of work put into them for the
last 3 years).
An example is the contents of the "o.a.c.math4.distribution"
package: there are some "clean-up" issues left, but then it
could probably become a "Commons Statistical Distributions"
component.

Regards,
Gilles