commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Deploying components
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:50:40 GMT

> On Jun 5, 2017, at 7:06 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Rob,
>
>> Am 28.05.2017 um 03:01 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Benedikt and I were chatting last week about how the .tar and .zip distributions
get uploaded to nexus during "mvn deploy” and how annoying that side effect of the deployment
happens to be. Coincidentally, I just ran across a note that  Mladen Turk added at the end
of the commons-daemon release guide:

>> https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43 <https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43>
>>
>> I’m thinking: (1) interesting note, knowing that the problem still exists, and
(2) I wonder if there would be community appetite for an attempt at adding better automation
to the release process. I’m betting that with a little effort we probably could improve
the release experience at least a little.

> Nice catch, however I alway run clean when deploying, since I don’t want stale build
artifacts to be deployed (this happened to me once).

> I’m planning to ask the maven user list on how we can improve our deployment process.

Sounds good to me. I was going to play around with the commons-build-plugin to see what I
could do with that.