commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Add Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST entry
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:04:12 GMT
On 2017-06-07, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> here [1] is my proposal on how to add the Automatic-Module-Name entry
> to MANIFEST. This just duplicates the maven-jar-plugin configuration
> from parent pom. I don’t want to wait much longer to release
> 3.6. After we have implemented a more general solution in parent pom,
> we can revert this fix.

I've done something similar to Compress already. As Compress has been
overriding the jar-plugin configuration already (in order to add a
main-class) there's been no other option anyway.

I'm afraid Compress is not the only component that overrides the
parent's jar config and thus will require copying the change manually
even if you happen to find a solution for parent.

Stefan