commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Add Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST entry
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 11:52:55 GMT

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> here [1] is my proposal on how to add the Automatic-Module-Name entry to MANIFEST. This
just duplicates the maven-jar-plugin configuration from parent pom. I don’t want to wait
much longer to release 3.6. After we have implemented a more general solution in parent pom,
we can revert this fix.

Regarding naming of the property used in the parent, I went with “commons.module.name”
because all of the other properties seem to be period delimited and contain no dashes. That
said, I’m ok with “commons.automatic-module-name” and am willing to go through and rename
them all.

-Rob