commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Preventing assembly archives from being deployed to nexus.
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 01:32:30 GMT

> On Dec 2, 2017, at 4:42 PM, Charles Honton <chas@honton.org> wrote:
>
> I’ve been down this path about a year ago.  We’re relying on the side effect of these
assemblies being artifacts for the GPG plugin to sign them.  There is an outstanding JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MGPG-43 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MGPG-43>)
to support signing un-attached files.  Unfortunately, this was not sufficient.  The maven
deploy plugin generates the md5/sha1/asc files.  I suggested adding this functionality to
the GPG plugin.  The response (http://maven-dev.markmail.org/search/?q=MGPG-43#query:MGPG-43+page:1+mid:6huxvhef5rzmzmsh+state:results
<http://maven-dev.markmail.org/search/?q=MGPG-43#query:MGPG-43+page:1+mid:6huxvhef5rzmzmsh+state:results>)
was not positive.

Ugh. This sounds like an unfortunate situation. Many thanks for those insights. You’ve definitely
saved me a week of figuring that out.

> The step to take now is to create a new plugin and work with the maven core team to accept
a new plugin to support our use case.  Alternatively, we can change our release process to
something similar to what the Maven team does.  There is native support for their process.

I’ll try to read their documentation on their release process.

-Rob

> chas
>
>> On Dec 2, 2017, at 1:06 PM, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> In my work on the [build-plugin], I’ve come across the following mechanism to prevent
the [maven-assembly-plugin] from deploying the artifacts to nexus. If in the configuration
section of the plugin, you put “<attach>false</attach>” the archives that
the [maven-assembly-plugin] creates will not get pushed up to nexus. For example I have locally
in [text] the following:

>> <plugin>
>> 	<artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>> 	<configuration>
>> 		<descriptors>
>>   		<descriptor>src/assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
>> 			<descriptor>src/assembly/src.xml</descriptor>
>> 		</descriptors>
>> 		<tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
>> 		<attach>false</attach>
>> 	</configuration>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> and with that, using "-Ptest-deploy" profile, the archives aren’t pushed to "./target/deploy”.
>>
>> As previously stated, my plan is to streamline the release process considerably with
java updates to the build plugin, but for the time being, this should be helpful.