commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [All][Math] New component: "Commons Geometry"?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 12:59:00 GMT
Hi Ralph.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 22:38:06 -0700, Ralph Goers wrote:
> I don’t know

Then please _read_ the ML archive.

> why you are ignoring

I do not (willingly) "ignore" any proposal. [Gentle
reminders are welcome if/when I lost track of a pending
issue that is waiting for my input.]

It's rather the opposite: a few PMC people keep turning
a blind eye to arguably constructive proposals (see below
and ML archive).

> option 3, which is what many have
> suggested many times.

With strings attached. See ML archive.

> 3) Modify CM to be a multi-module project

See below; what don't you understand in "issues which
maven modules will not solve"?
[See ML archive for a many times reiterated detailed
description of the CM problems, the difference between
CM and other components (modular or not), here and
elsewhere, and how we do not have (never had) the human
resources to correctly handle such a large and diverse
code base.]

> that contains only the
> modules you want to support.

That condition was explicitly rejected  when *I* first
evoked it (see ML archive).

Later discussions (see ML archive) clarified (?!) that
modularizing CM would certainly not suffice to revive
the project.

Other options were (see ML archive)
4. create an Apache TLP (proposed by James Carman),
5. go through the Incubator.

Either one required the PMC to relinquish the code base
(no internal fork allowed IIUC), which it refused (see ML
archive).

The now visible consequences of renewed obstruction to
the refactoring of CM were not difficult to predict (see
ML archive).

Gilles