commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons RDF 0.5.0 based on RC3
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 18:34:36 GMT
Hi,

Am Thu, 07 Dec 2017 20:51:57 -0800 schrieb Sergio Fernández:

> Hi,
>
> once we addressed most of the issues from RC1 and RC2, I'd like to
> propose to release Apache Commons RDF 0.5.0 based on RC.
>
> Apache Commons RDF aims to provide a common Java API for RDF 1.1 graphs
> and datasets. API bindings in Commons RDF 0.5.0 include Apache Jena,
> Eclipse RDF4J, JSON-LD Java as well as a standalone implementation
> (simple).
>
> Apache Commons RDF 0.5.0 RC3 is available for review at (r23441):
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/rdf/apache-
> commons-rdf-0.5.0-RC3/

as Gary already mentioned, this is a strange release concerning the standards commons, because
we deliver
normally separate -bin and -source archives as tarballs and zip. Since this is not a 1.0 release
I can ignore this
for now.

The build from source succeeds for me with Oracle Java 8 and OpenJDK 8, but the build fails
for Oracle Java 9 -
looks like outdated plugins.

Nevertheless I can run all unit tests with Java 9 if I have build with Java 8 first and skip
all jacoco stuff:
  mvn test -Djacoco.skip=true

+1 (binding)

Cheers,