commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] Towards v1.1
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:45:41 GMT
On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:18:44 +0100, Gilles wrote:
> Ping?

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 16:06:10 +0100, Gilles wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I propose to release the next version of "Commons RNG".
>> The web site with the current (today) development version (to
>> become 1.1) is on-line:
>>   http://commons.apache.org/rng
>>
>> Could someone please take on the following issue (JDK 9):
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RNG-40
>> and fix it if necessary (each maven "module" should be a
>> "Java" module)?  [I do not have Java 9 installed.]
>
> I've just installed it. See other post (with subject: "Travis
> build fails").
>
> Is there a multi-module "Commons" project whose artefacts
> are known to work as Java 9 modules?
>
> I'd like to release v1.1 but I don't think it's worth
> pretending that it is Java 9 compatible without doing
> anything more than adding a MANIFEST entry (that could
> be wrong).
> I'd rather remove the "Automatic-Module-Name" and postpone
> issue RNG-40 to v1.2 (even if it would be the only change
> wrt v1.1).

With the latest commits ("JPMS integration example" module),
I'm reasonably confident that the "Automatic-Module-Name"
works fine (despite the unconventional difference between
module name and package name for "commons-rng-client-api").

Review welcome.
A release candidate will proposed in the coming days.

Gilles