commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [release-plugin] best multi-module project?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 02:49:52 GMT

> On Feb 5, 2018, at 3:05 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

>>> Which differences did you spot?
>>
>> Nothing of any particular consequence, just where the main assemblies
>> end up. Or which Pom they’re in.
>
> What do you mean by "main assemblies"?  If it's the "full"
> distribution, then is it a matter of naming the output directory?
> It could be configurable.
>
> For the config, the main POM looks the appropriate place if it can
> be done without side-effects. [For RNG I created a separate directory
> because I was not sure how to do it.]

Right….that’s why I was asking which project would be the best standard to work from,
and then I could go through and take all of the other multi-module builds and mildly refactor
the pom/directory structure to align with which ever we decided was standard.

Is [jcs] the right choice as the standard?

Cheers,
-Rob