commons-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [text] Adapt the Log4j 2 Interpolator to [text]
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:05:36 GMT
Am 11.02.2018 um 19:24 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> I'd like a code review and then a release of 1.3. Right now we only depend
> on java.base and Commons Lang, so let's keep it that way for 1.3 I think.
My comments:
- Given "TEXT-80: StrLookup API confusing generic type parameter" I
think we should deprecate the old StrLookup class and mark it for
removal in commons-text 2.0.
- DateStringLookup: should we use FastDateFormat?
- AbstractStringLookup: empty class, I would therefore remove it.
- StringLookupFactory: should this be a static factory, to make it
easier to use?

> (I almost added Log4j's JNDI lookup but I know that will not work on
> Android so I'd like to leave stuff like that for later, maybe in a
> different module.)
+1 for leaving it out

-Pascal