commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] Towards v1.1
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 16:18:44 GMT
Ping?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 16:06:10 +0100, Gilles wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I propose to release the next version of "Commons RNG".
> The web site with the current (today) development version (to
> become 1.1) is on-line:
>   http://commons.apache.org/rng
>
> Could someone please take on the following issue (JDK 9):
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RNG-40
> and fix it if necessary (each maven "module" should be a
> "Java" module)?  [I do not have Java 9 installed.]

I've just installed it. See other post (with subject: "Travis
build fails").

Is there a multi-module "Commons" project whose artefacts
are known to work as Java 9 modules?

I'd like to release v1.1 but I don't think it's worth
pretending that it is Java 9 compatible without doing
anything more than adding a MANIFEST entry (that could
be wrong).
I'd rather remove the "Automatic-Module-Name" and postpone
issue RNG-40 to v1.2 (even if it would be the only change
wrt v1.1).

Regards,
Gilles