commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [release-plugin] best multi-module project?
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2018 13:46:03 GMT
On 18.02.18 14:20, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> Not quite because our release process isn’t precisely the same as what maven does.
Hence, our release plugin strives to be a shim for our site and distribution files. But yes,
I agree that “mvn deploy” should essentially do everything you need.

Doesn't everyone complain what a PITA the Commons release process is?
Why exactly do we try to implement our own release plugin instead of
following the standards? Releasing a component should not require a
Ph.D, IMO

Bye, Thomas.