commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [release-plugin] best multi-module project?
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:11:55 GMT
On 07.02.18 00:28, Gilles wrote:
> Having no idea on how to achieve it, I'd wish that creating
> the "full dist" only requires a custom "goal" like (?)
>  $ mvn package:dist
> with no ad-hoc directory/module: all modules specified in the
> top POM would have their artefacts (recursively) bundled into
>   <component>-dist-<version>.tar.gz

The Maven way would be that "mvn deploy" does the right thing - which in
turn means that the Maven release plugin can be used. The JCS build
tries to achieve just that by adhering to Maven standards and Maven
standard lifecycle phases. Adding special, non-standard goals is not the
Maven way of managing projects.

Bye, Thomas