commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] please remember to tidy up old releases
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:52:24 GMT
The 3rd party mirrors all offer their services for free.

Although storage is cheap these days, it is not free, so we should not
burden the mirrors with unnecessary files (*).

So would RMs please remember to remove old releases once a new release
has been announced.

And when preparing for a new release, please check if the existing
download page still carries any obsolete releases. [It is OK to link
to older release on the archive server]

Thanks!

(*) I know Commons packages are generally small, but there are a lot of them.
Also each file generates network traffic (e.g. to check if it is up-to-date).