commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] please remember to tidy up old releases
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2018 12:57:53 GMT
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:52:24 +0000, sebb wrote:
> The 3rd party mirrors all offer their services for free.
>
> Although storage is cheap these days, it is not free, so we should
> not
> burden the mirrors with unnecessary files (*).
>
> So would RMs please remember to remove old releases once a new
> release
> has been announced.
>
> And when preparing for a new release, please check if the existing
> download page still carries any obsolete releases. [It is OK to link
> to older release on the archive server]

What are the criteria for "old", "obsolete", "unnecessary"?
In CM for example, we used to add links to the "apidocs" of
previous releases, even though the consensus was that they
were not supported.

If there is a well-defined requirement, can the actions be
automated? [Check for obsolete files, send a warning/reminder
to the ML, move them to the appropriate location.]

Regards,
Gilles